FUNDAMENTALS OF BUSINESS CONTINUITY MANAGEMENT
This one-day course on Fundamentals of Business Continuity Management (BCM) will allow participants in any Industry to understand the concept and principles of Business Continuity Management Systems and Organisational Resilience and how it can be applied in risk mitigation, preparedness, responding, and recovering to different types of incidents.
- to understand how changes in the global environment can cause a negative or a positive impact on any industry, organization, critical government service, community, or individual.
- to have an overview of the Six Professional Practices of the Business Continuity Institute Good Practice Guidelines (BCI-GPG) and how they can be applied to any organization in order to ensure Business Continuity and Resilience before, during, and after an incident.
- to have an overview of the main clauses of ISO 22301 which is the recommended international standard for Societal Security and Business Continuity Management Systems.
- to have an overview of Risk Management as per ISO 31000.
- Introduction to the Principles and Concepts of Business Continuity Management and Organisational Resilience.
- To understand and identify the different categories of hazards, threats,s and vulnerabilities that can disrupt critical activities of an organization at the strategic, tactical, and operational levels.
- Overview of the BCI-Business Continuity Institute Business Continuity Management Lifecycle which consists of Six Professional Practices namely BCM Programme Management, Embedding Analysis, Design, Implementation, and Validation.
- to understand the concepts of Business Impact Analysis (BIA) which is used to analyze an organization for business continuity.
- Overview of the different components of ISO 31000 namely Risk Management Principles, Framework, and Processes, and how they can be used for Risk Management in any organization. Definition of Risk Criteria
- Strategy for Mitigation of Threat, Preparedness, Response, Recovery, Resumption, and Restoration of Products and Services.
- To understand the implementation of the different types of plans namely Emergency Response Plans (ERP), Incident Management Plans (IMPs), Business Continuity Plans (BCPs), and Crisis Management Plans (CMPs). e.g Pandemic Plan, Disaster and Recovery Plan for IT systems (DRP), Cyclone and Tsunami Incident Management Plans, etc
- Validation of plans through audit, exercise, and maintenance
- To have an overview of the main clauses of ISO 22301- Societal Security and Business Continuity Management Systems.
Examples of real case scenarios, Videos, and General Discussions through sharing of experience
The organization will benefit by:
Personnel having a general awareness of the importance of implementing a Business Continuity Management System as per international norms.
Understanding of potential threats which can affect the organization and the need to develop Incident Management Plans, Business Continuity Plans and Crisis Management Plans.
Creating a culture of risk mitigation and preparedness, response, resumption, and recovery
- Delegates will gain by participating in this training as a result of:
- Increased understanding of the methods and techniques of Business Continuity Management.
- Heighten understanding of Business Impact Analysis, Risk Assessment, and Business Continuity Plans.
- Improve the ability for better response during an incident.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Newcomers who want to understand the foundations of Business Continuity Management
- All Persons involved in the continuity of the Mission Critical Activities in their respective organizations namely Government, Businesses, NGOs, and Local Government….
- Top Management, Senior Managers, Managers, Executives of all functions, Operational Staff
- Insurance, Finance, Accounting, and Supply chain Personnel
- Police Officers, Security, Disaster and Risk, and Community representatives
- Regulatory, Compliance, Auditors, Health and Safety, Quality personnel
- Project Managers, Business Process Owners, Investors, Engineers, Technicians, Maintenance personnel
No prerequisite but a basic understanding of your organization’s critical activities, products, and services will be helpful during the workshop. Delegates are encouraged to share their experience on particular issues for discussion.
Course is delivered by Ekambarum Chetty who is an experienced and internationally recognized approved Business Continuity Professional, Trainer, and Consultant.
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
No examination and an attendance certificate will be issued by Life Continuity to all participants