ISO 31000 FOUNDATION0₨
About this course
ISO 31000 is an international standard for Risk Management that provides a set of principles, a Risk Management framework and process, which help organizations take a proactive approach to risks that they face. ISO 31000 helps organizations to develop, implement and continuously improve a framework that aims to integrate Risk Management strategies into the overall organizational processes including decision-making. The Risk Management process involves following five steps that identify circumstances, detect risk-associated hazards, assess and determine the risk, control evaluated risks and review the impact of the risks.
This international standard is important if you are interested in providing yourself with comprehensive guidelines that will help your organization strengthen its indecision-making process and overall management. ISO 31000 is intended to simplify the task of governing complex situations that require crucial decisions to be made towards a structured approach of identifying and judging risks.
The ISO 31000 Foundation training course presents the basic principles and approaches of managing risks and opportunities based on the guidelines of ISO 31000. This training course focuses on the main components of ISO 31000: basic terms and definitions, principles of risk management, risk management framework, and risk management process. In addition, each step of the risk management process is analyzed and elaborated individually.
- Get acquainted with the concepts and principles of ISO 31000
- Understand the guidelines of ISO 31000 for risk management
- Understand the basic approaches, methods, and practices that can be used for the integration of risk management in an organization
Day 1: Introduction to risk management, ISO 31000 components, and initiation of the risk management process
Day 2: Risk assessment, risk treatment, recording and reporting, monitoring and review, and communication and consultation based on ISO 31000
- This training course is based on the best practices used in risk management.
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical examples.
- The exercises are similar in structure with the certification exam questions.
The implementation of ISO 31000 improves operational efficiency, governance, and stakeholder confidence in your organization, while minimizing losses and enhancing risk analysis and risk assessment capacities. It helps integrate a risk-based decision-making in the culture of your organization.
Moreover, the integration of the ISO 31000 framework within an organization ensures the consistency and the effectiveness of management across all its areas such as IT, HR, compliance, quality, health and safety, business continuity, etc.
It is important to mention that the ISO 31000 guidelines are applicable to any activity of an organization, and can be customized by any organization and its context.
PECB Certified ISO 31000 individuals involved in risk management process of an organization will enable the organization to:
- Gain competitive advantage – enhanced risk management will support achieving goals and objectives
- Reduce costs through proper risk management
- Respond to change effectively and find viable solutions
- Create and protect value
- Increase the likelihood of achieving objectives
- Productively identify the opportunities and threats
- Identify and mitigate the risk throughout the organization
- Gain stakeholder confidence and trust
- Create a consistent basis for decision making and planning
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Individuals involved in risk management
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge of risk management principles, framework, and process
- Individuals seeking to manage the risks and opportunities in their areas of responsibility
- Individuals interested in pursuing a career in risk management
No prerequisite but a basic understanding of your organisation critical activities, products and services will be helpful during the workshop. Delegates are encouraged to share their experience on particular issues for discussion.
Training material containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed. Stationery, refreshments and lunch will be provided.
All the PECB courses will be delivered by PECB approved instructors.
A participation certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued.
PECB is specialized in the certification of management systems on a wide range of international standards. As a global provider of audit and certification services, PECB offers its expertise on multiple fields, including but not limited to Information Security, Quality Management, Business Continuity, Service Management, Health, Safety and Environmental Management. PECB continuously publishes topmost innovative training courses through its best experts in the field for the provision of education and certification services and provides certification services in accordance with ISO/IEC 17024.
We thank you for your registration with Life Continuity
We provide the following facilities for overseas students who want to attend the training in Mauritius. We have residential facilities at the training center. We offer the following services
- Accommodation in studios for single students and two bed room apartments for students who want to come with their family.
- We arrange for Transfer from airport to apartment and back to airport
- Breakfast and Dinner
- Refreshment and Lunch is inclusive during the training days only
- For more information on the accommodation and a quotation as per your requirement, please contact us on (230) 52592244 or email us on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Life Continuity
Life Continuity is MQA registered professional institution in providing Business Continuity Courses.
Lorem Ipsn gravida nibh vel velit auctor aliquet. Aenean sollicitudin, lorem quis bibendum auci elit consequat ipsutis sem nibh id elit. Duis sed odio sit amet nibh vulputate cursus a sit amet mauris. Morbi accumsan ipsum velit. Nam nec tellus a odio tincidunt auctor a ornare odio. Sed non mauris vitae erat consequat auctor eu in elit.