ISO 27701 Foundation7777736₨
About this course
PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation
The ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation training course is designed to help participants understand the basic concepts and principles of a Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) based on ISO/IEC 27701. Moreover, during this training course, students will learn more on the structure of the standard including its requirements, guidance and controls on the protection of the privacy of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) principals and the relationship of the standard with ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002.
After completing this training course, you can sit for the exam and, if you successfully pass it, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation” credential. A PECB Foundation certificate proves that you have comprehended the fundamental methodologies, requirements, guidelines, framework and managerial approach.
- Understand the fundamental concepts and principles of a privacy information management system (PIMS) based on ISO/IEC 27701
- Identify the relationship between ISO/IEC 27701, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002, and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the approaches, standards, methods, and techniques used for the implementation and management of a PIMS
Day 1: Introduction to privacy information management system (PIMS) concepts as specified in ISO/IEC 27701
Day 2: Privacy information management system (PIMS) and certification exam
During this course delegates will be using a case study and taking part in group discussions and activities, Power Point presentation, examples of real case scenarios, video, general discussions through sharing of experience.
The organisation will benefit by:
- Personnel having a general awareness of the importance of implementing a Privacy Management System as per international norms.
- Understanding of potential threat which can affect the organisation and the need to develop appropriate plans in order to manage privacy incidents.
- Creating a culture of risk mitigation and preparedness, response, resumption and recovery
- Minimize privacy impact risk
- Increased Privacy and Security awareness within the organization
- Minimise the organization’s legal and compliance cost
- Enhance the organization’s profile and integrity
- Increase the profits by paying less penalities.
Delegates will gain by participating in this training as a result of:
- Increased understanding of the methods and techniques for the implementation of Privacy Incident Management System.
- Heighten understanding on how to manage to Privacy Incident and what systems needs to be put in place as per international norms.
- Improve the ability for a better response during an incident.
- Individuals involved in information security and privacy management
Individuals seeking to gain knowledge on the main processes of a privacy information management system
- Individuals interested in pursuing a career in privacy information management
- Individuals responsible for personally identifiable information (PII) within organizations
- Information security team members
No prerequisite but a basic understanding of your organisation critical activities, products and services will be helpful during the workshop. Delegates are encouraged to share their experience on particular issues for discussion.
Training material containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed. Stationery, refreshments and lunch will be provided.
All the PECB courses will be delivered by PECB approved trainers
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation” exam complies with the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP) requirements. The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a privacy information management system (PIMS)
Domain 2: Privacy information management system (PIMS)
In case candidates fail the exam, they can retake it within twelve months following the initial exam for free.
*Note: This applies only to candidates who have attended the training course.
For more detailed information on the PECB examination process, please visit Examination Rules and Policies.
Participants will be provided with the training material containing over 200 pages of explanatory information, discussion topics, examples and exercises.
An attendance record certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
After successfully passing the exam, you can apply for the credential shown on the table below. You will receive the certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. Certification fees are included in the exam price.
For more information about the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
These are the requirements for the PECB Foundation Certification:
MS audit/assessment experience
PIMMS project experience
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation exam or equivalent||None||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
PECB is specialized in the certification of management systems on a wide range of international standards. As a global provider of audit and certification services, PECB offers its expertise on multiple fields, including but not limited to Information Security, Quality Management, Business Continuity, Service Management, Health, Safety and Environmental Management. PECB continuously publishes topmost innovative training courses through its best experts in the field for the provision of education and certification services and provides certification services in accordance with ISO/IEC 17024.
We thank you for your registration with Life Continuity
We provide the following facilities for overseas students who want to attend the training in Mauritius. We have residential facilities at the training center. We offer the following services
- Accommodation in studios for single students and two bed room apartments for students who want to come with their family.
- We arrange for Transfer from airport to apartment and back to airport
- Breakfast and Dinner
- Refreshment and Lunch is inclusive during the training days only
- For more information on the accommodation and a quotation as per your requirement, please contact us on (230) 52592244 or email us on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (230) 52504944
About Life Continuity
Life Continuity is MQA registered professional institution in providing Business Continuity Courses.