ISO 22361 Lead Crisis Manager0$
About this course
Crisis Management Training Courses
Imagine your organization goes through an event that causes irreparable damage and you discover that the situation could have been avoided or addressed better. Many times, organizations may prevent a crisis by managing small situations and incidents in a timely manner. They can also mitigate the effects of a crisis, even if its occurrence could not be stopped. This can be done by implementing processes and procedures for preventing, preparing for, and responding to a crisis, which constitutes crisis management.
A crisis is an abnormal event that threatens the continuity of an organization’s operations and may even lead to its collapse. These events may have natural causes or may be man-made, e.g., natural disasters, environmental issues, terrorism, cybersecurity breaches, and employee misconduct. A crisis can occur abruptly or may emerge from small incidents that have not been addressed or have been managed inappropriately. By improving their crisis management capability, not only can organizations prepare for and prevent crises, but they can also manage crises more effectively and learn from them by identifying opportunities for improvement.
What is ISO 22361?
- The ISO 22361 standard provides guidance for organizations to develop, establish, maintain, monitor, and continually improve a strategic crisis management capability. In addition, it outlines principles and practices needed to identify and manage a crisis.
- ISO 22361 recommends that organizations adopt a structured approach to crisis management by establishing a framework for crisis management based on leadership, structure, culture, and competence, and adhering to principles for crisis management: governance, strategy, risk, decision-making, communication, ethics, and learning.
- Moreover, the standard describes the crisis management process, which consists of seven steps: anticipation, assessment, prevention and mitigation, preparedness, response, recovery, and continual improvement.
- ISO 22361 guidelines can be helpful in identifying and managing for any organization, regardless of their type, size, or industry. The standard is especially intended for organizations’ top management, who have strategic responsibilities for establishing and improving a crisis management capability, and those who work under the control of the top management.
Figure 1 – Elements of a crisis management capability based on ISO 22361: principles, framework, and process
Why is crisis management important for you?
- How an organization responds to a crisis is very important as it affects its existence and reputation. Crisis management enables organizations to implement effective standardized procedures for identifying and assessing potential crises. This enables organizations to establish procedures for preventing crises. When preventing is not possible, crisis management will also enable organizations to successfully prepare for, respond to, and recover from a crisis.
- Preparing for crises includes developing a crisis management plan, which will direct crisis management and enable the organization to prepare its response procedures. Crisis response management procedures enable organizations to make sound decisions within time constraints and conduct initial impact assessments in order to mitigate the negative consequences of a crisis. Whereas, crisis recovery helps organizations regain their reputation, develop adequate strategies to return to normal operations, and adapt to potential changes arising from a crisis.
- A significant factor that impacts crisis management is the establishment of effective communication channels and development of a communication plan. Nowadays, news can travel very fast through online platforms. Hence, it is important that organizations communicate with relevant stakeholders regularly and not withhold information that is relevant to employees, customers, and other interested parties. If not managed appropriately, ineffective communication may lead to irreparable damage to the organization’s reputation and, eventually, to its demise.
- Lastly, crisis management includes exercises and evaluation as part of continual improvement. Exercises enhance employee competence by preparing them to respond to a crisis effectively. In addition, by evaluating the employees’ performance while doing the exercises, the organization can identify opportunities for improving its crisis management capability.
Benefits of ISO 22361
Organizations that establish a crisis management capability based on the ISO 22361 guidelines will be able to:
- Maintain, monitor, and improve their crisis management capability
- Ensure the commitment of leadership to crisis management
- Facilitate strategic decision-making before, during, and after a crisis
- Establish effective internal and external communication channels that are beneficial in times of crisis
- Improve organizational resilience
- Establish, foster, and promote safety culture
Why choose PECB?
As a global provider of training, examination, and certification services, PECB aims to help you demonstrate your commitment and competence by providing you with valuable education and certification against internationally recognized standards.
Our crisis management certifications demonstrate that you are able to effectively design, develop, implement, monitor, and continually improve an organization’s crisis management capability.
How do I get started with crisis management training course?
If you want to learn about concepts and principles of crisis management and how to build a crisis management capability successfully, PECB training courses will meet your needs. We will assist you throughout the entire process to offer you a worthwhile experience.
Contact us to begin with the first step!
PECB Certified Crisis Management available training courses
Enhance your knowledge and improve your career in crisis management by taking part in our crisis management training courses. Check the training courses available and find the one that suits you best
Lead Crisis Manager
Obtain the necessary competence to guide and support organizations design
and develop a crisis management capability based on ISO 22361 and other best
practices for crisis management
Why should you attend?
The PECB Lead Crisis Manager training course helps participants develop their competence to support an organization in
planning, establishing, maintaining, reviewing, and continually improving its strategic crisis management capability based on
the guidelines of ISO 22361 and other best practices. It also provides information regarding the fundamental concepts and
principles of crisis management and the effective establishment and implementation of a crisis management framework.
In addition to the explanation of the theoretical concepts related to crisis management, the training course provides practical
examples and scenario-based quizzes that will help you reinforce your knowledge and prepare you for real-life scenarios
concerning crisis management.
Upon the completion of the training course, participants can sit for the exam and apply to obtain the “PECB Certified Lead Crisis
Manager” credential once they pass the exam. The credential demonstrates that the participant possesses the theoretical and
practical knowledge and skills to support and lead an organization in designing and developing its crisis management capability
based on ISO 22361 guidelines and best practices in this field.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The Lead Crisis Manager training course is intended for:
- individuals responsible for the delivery of a crisis management capability in an organization
- Individuals responsible for implementing a plan and structure for crisis management within the organization
- Members of crisis management teams
- Individuals seeking to thoroughly understand crisis management
- Individuals aiming to start or advance their careers in crisis management
- Consultants, advisors, and professionals wishing to obtain in-depth knowledge of ISO 22361 guidelines on crisis
Day 1 Introduction to ISO 22361 and crisis management
- Training course objectives and structure
- Standards and crisis management models
- Fundamentals concept of crisis management
- Crisis management capability
- Principles for crisis management
- Crisis communications
Day 2 Crisis management framework
- Organizational structure
- Organizational culture
Day 3 Crisis prevention and preparedness
- Anticipation of crises
- Assessment of crises
- Prevention and mitigation of crises
- Preparedness for crises
Day 4 Crisis response and recovery
- Response to crises
- Recovery from crises
- Continual improvement
- Closing of the training course
Day 5 Certification exam
- By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts of and principles for crisis management based on ISO 22361
- Establish, maintain, and continually improve a crisis management framework that includes leadership, structure, culture, and competence
- Anticipate, assess, prevent, and prepare for crises
- Respond to, recover, and learn from crises in order to improve an organization’s crisis management capability
Examination Duration: 3 hours
The “PECB Certified Lead Crisis Manager” exam meets all the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program
(ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1- Fundamental concepts and principles of crisis management
Domain 2- Establishing the crisis management framework
Domain 3- Crisis management prevention and preparedness
Domain 4- Crisis management response and recovery
For specific information about the exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the List of PECB Exams and
Exam Rules and Policies.
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for one of the credentials shown on the table below.
You will receive a certificate once you fulfill all the requirements related to the selected credential.
For more information about the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
PECB Certified Lead Crisis Manager exam
PECB Code of Ethics
|PECB Certified Crisis
|Two years: One year of work experience in crisis management||At least 200 hours of activities|
|PECB Certified Lead Crisis Manager||Five years: Two years of work experience in crisis management||At least 300 hours of activities|
|PECB Certified Senior Lead Crisis Manager||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in crisis management||At least 1,000 hours of activities|
For more information about the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
All the PECB courses will be delivered by PECB approved instructors.
During this course delegates will be using a case study and taking part in group discussions and activities, Power Point presentation, examples of real case scenarios, video, general discussions through sharing of experience.
The organisation will benefit by:
- Personnel having a general awareness of the importance of implementing a Crisis Management System as per international norms.
- Understanding of potential threat which can affect the organization and the need to develop Crisis Management Plans with appropriate processes and procedures.
- Creating a culture of risk mitigation and preparedness, response, resumption and recovery
Delegates will gain by participating in this training as a result of:
- Increased understanding of the methods and techniques of implementing a Crisis Management System as per ISO 22361.
- Heighten understanding of of the crisis management framework as per ISO 22361
- Understanding crisis prevention and preparedness, Crisis Response and Recovery
- Improve the ability for a better response during a crisis.
No prerequisite but a basic understanding of your organisation critical activities, products and services will be helpful during the workshop. Delegates are encouraged to share their experience on particular issues for discussion.
Training material containing over 700 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed. Stationery, refreshments and lunch will be provided.
We provide the following facilities for overseas students who want to attend the training in Mauritius. We have residential facilities at the training center. We offer the following services
- Accommodation in studios for single students and two bed room apartments for students who want to come with their family.
- We arrange for Transfer from airport to apartment and back to airport
- Breakfast and Dinner
- Refreshment and Lunch is inclusive during the training days only
- For more information on the accommodation and a quotation as per your requirement, please contact us on (230) 52592244 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
PECB is specialized in the certification of management systems on a wide range of international standards. As a global provider of audit and certification services, PECB offers its expertise on multiple fields, including but not limited to Information Security, Quality Management, Business Continuity, Service Management, Health, Safety and Environmental Management. PECB continuously publishes topmost innovative training courses through its best experts in the field for the provision of education and certification services and provides certification services in accordance with ISO/IEC 17024.
About Life Continuity
Life Continuity is MQA registered professional institution in providing Business Continuity Courses.
We thank you for your registration with Life Continuity
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.
Lorem Ipsn gravida nibh vel velit auctor aliquet. Aenean sollicitudin, lorem quis bibendum auci elit consequat ipsutis sem nibh id elit. Duis sed odio sit amet nibh vulputate cursus a sit amet mauris. Morbi accumsan ipsum velit. Nam nec tellus a odio tincidunt auctor a ornare odio. Sed non mauris vitae erat consequat auctor eu in elit.