FUNDAMENTALS OF RISK MANAGEMENT0₨
About this course
Disasters don’t stop for a virus, says Craig Fugate, former administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).The quake in Croatia was one of the earliest wake-up calls for people around the world that natural hazards still loom large during the COVID-19 pandemic, including floods, fires, cyclones,tsunami and even volcanic eruptions.
This one day course on Risk Management will allow participants to have an overview of the main clauses of ISO 31000 which is the recommended international standard for Risk Management. It provides a reference framework for principles and generic guidelines on Risk Management and it can be applied to any type of risk-natural, technical, pandemic or man-made. Risk can have positive or negative consequences on any organisation if it is not managed effectively.
- Definitions: Definitions of the different types of risk and their impact on organisations
- Achievement of Strategic Objectives: To understand how an effective risk management system can help an organisation to achieve its strategic objectives
- Benefits: The benefits of Risk Management for an organisational prosperity and security
- Relationship: The relationship between risk management with Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility, Compliance, Sustainable Development Goals, Sendai Framework and Business Continuity Management and Organisational Resilience
- Standards: Overview of Risk Management Standards namely COSO ERM Cube, SOX and ISO 31000- Principles, Framework and Process
- Methods and Techniques: To understand how the different risk management methods and techniques that can be applied to a wide range of activities at operational level, tactical and strategic level.
- Skills: To learn the skills of risk assessment and how to select appropriate risk treatments techniques like 7 Rs and 4 Ts
- Structure : Organisation of risk management and its relationships with the board, audit and other business functions.
The course will introduce you to the definitions of risk and the different terms and definitions that are used in risk management.
We will then make an analysis of the global environment and how the impact of risk can affect the different key areas of the society, government and businesses.
We will then show you how the different risk management techniques can help you to identify, assess evaluate and mitigate the impact of risk in your organisation.
After the one day training you will have a general awareness knowledge of the risk management principles and be confident to start applying risk management disciplines within your organisation.
- Scope, Terms and Definitions
- Enterprise Risk Management- COSO, SOX and ISO 31000
- ISO 31000 Risk Management Principles and Framework
- Framework for Managing Risk
Establishing a risk management policy
- Implementing the framework for managing risk
- Communication and Consultation.
Establishing the context- Internal, external and defining risk criteria
- Understand a Risk Management Process.
- Risk Assessment
- Recording, Monitoring, Controlling and Review
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Newcomers in Risk Management
- Business Continuity Managers
- Business Finance Managers
- Business Risk Managers
- Regulatory Compliance Managers
- Project Managers, Business Process Owners
- Persons responsible for information security or conformity within an organization
COURSE MATERIALS AND FACILITIES
A hard copy of the presentation will be handed over to all participants. The course fee include stationery, refreshment and lunch.
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
A certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants
Lorem Ipsn gravida nibh vel velit auctor aliquet. Aenean sollicitudin, lorem quis bibendum auci elit consequat ipsutis sem nibh id elit. Duis sed odio sit amet nibh vulputate cursus a sit amet mauris. Morbi accumsan ipsum velit. Nam nec tellus a odio tincidunt auctor a ornare odio. Sed non mauris vitae erat consequat auctor eu in elit.